7.18.2011

Chasing the Waterfall at Wallace State Park



I spent a lovely Sunday at Wallace State Park with Nick. It is now one of the highlights of my Seattle life thus far. I left the house wearing a strange combination of running shoes and jeans. We drove an hour out of the city until we begin to notice an abundance of espresso and little latte stands set amongst the breathtaking mountainous views.

The weather was agreeable. I love how the summer in Seattle has that same crisp feeling Virginia only offers up in the Fall. We chose to take the lower falls for our first hike as Seattlites. Butterflies fluttering abound. I did almost step on a snake (his picture below).. BEWARE. Dirt trails led us by rushing rapids and eventually 1.8 miles up the mountain to the lower falls.








We eventually made it to the lower fall. It was a beautiful view, a killer work out and worth the trip!

I ended the evening with a hot shower and a comforting warm bowl of quinoa, steamed veggies, baked kale and lemon-avocado dressing. I love my weekends with Nick! :) BIG SMILE.

xoxoNatalie

No comments: